Monday, May 9, 2016

'Softly Warning'

Silently sailing towards our own jurisdictions.
Pathways often crumble when gone unattended.
Did the earth give way to your foot's soft impression?
Or did you step blindly into the atmosphere and expect no collision?
Were you given the chance to resurrect your desires?
Or was it shoved into your arms in an attempt to inspire?
Surely, they said, surely you cannot decipher;
Love from spring,
Pain from frost,
Tears from rain,
Amidst every other attempt to sustain.
This battle, unwitting, should come with a price.
All I can do is ask for your honest piece of advice.
Should I move with the earth when you finally came around?
Or should I run uphill in search of the higher ground?
Should I give into longing?
Can this saga of never-ending wanting
be a story that drags on forever?
Or will it strike us both down to our knees
and make us whisper

“I loved you without warning.”

No comments:

Post a Comment